Authorities at the University of Lagos, Akoka, are investigating the death of
a 300-level microbiology student, Jacob Eniola, who died in the school hostel after ingesting a poisonous substance called Sniper.
According to Punch, he was rushed to theLagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, where he died on Sunday, March 20, 2016.
A former student leader, Kunle Adegunoye, expressed his affection for the deceased onFacebook saying, “March 2014 was the first time I saw him strolling towards the entrance of the iconic room 113, Biobaku Hall of residence, bright, confident, enthusiastic and likeable.
“Young, naive and ready to learn, he became the toast of everyone in the room. Hardly can a minute pass without Enny, as he was fondly called, ease smiles out of us. He made us sit up and do research with his brilliant, though unending arguments.”
The reason why Eniola decided to poison himself is still a subject for pondering.
A source who confirmed that the deceased took poison said,
“He stays in Biobaku Hall. It was on Saturday that he took the poison and he was rushed to the hospital. This morning, we got the news that he’s dead. I honestly cannot tell why he did that.”